Paint Plan & Chronicle August
I still haven’t made the ‘Painting the Cover’ video yet, because I am still busy with this, but I wanted to get this out to your for August.
WHERE I BELONG
I belong on a Queen size bed, with soft sheets and twinkly purple lights over my head, and my dog, Buddy, smashing his little fur body up against my leg.
I belong hovering over a large cup of strong, sweet, coffee, nibbling a chocolate croissant, with a new favorite book in my hands.
I belong in the isles of the art supply store, with my fingers grazing the tops of brushes, and fondling the paper kept inside hidden drawers.
I belong in Oregon, on rainy pavements, in red plastic boots, under a blue slouchy hat and beige trench coat.
I belong in a classroom, with eager students holding chunky journals, with little girls dancing in glitter.
I belong on a farm, waking up to morning sounds and warm pancakes and the sun growing sideways over the grass.
Where do you belong?
Questions for your Paint Plan & Chronicle Journal
- As you go about each day, think about the places you spend time in. Are they were you want to be? Where would you rather be?
- Do you spend time in bad places? Or in places that make you feel bad about yourself?
- Where are the places you have never been?
- Where are the places you will never go?
- What do the places you spend time in say about you?
- Where are the places you have wanted to go?
“My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” Rumi
“She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man, and to no city. “ – Roman Payne
Help me believe that I am worthy of love and belonging.
Guide me to the right places – the ones that make me feel wonderful, ordinary, and fabulously extraordinary.
Aid my choices for where I spend my time.